Memorial Plans: Making Plans for the Future Today
Preparing for the future today is always a wise decision, especially when it comes to memorial planning. While it may be unsettling to consider, planning ahead of time can help relieve stress and provide peace of mind for both you and your loved ones.
Here are some things you can do to start planning your memorial:
- Consider your preferences: Consider what you would like for your memorial service. Do you prefer a traditional funeral or a life celebration? Do you want a religious or secular service? Do you have any particular music or readings in mind? Consider writing down your preferences and sharing them with the people you care about.
- Choose whether you want to be buried or cremated: Decide whether you want to be buried or cremated. Personal beliefs, environmental concerns, or cost may all have an impact on this decision. If you choose burial, you must also pick a cemetery and a casket. If you opt for cremation, you can have your ashes scattered or interred in a cemetery or columbarium.
- Consider prepaying: Because funeral costs can quickly add up, consider prepaying for your memorial service to alleviate financial stress on your loved ones. A memorial plan is a product that enables the plan holder pre-pay future memorial services at a lower cost today while also ensuring that your wishes are honored. It typically includes the following in its package:
- Memorial service in accredited mortuaries;
- Plan assignment or transfer, and;
- Insurance coverage.
Purchasing pre-need plans is a sure way to get memorial service benefits at a lower cost – imagine paying half the price for a full memorial service and having it all for the rest of your life.
It may appear difficult to plan for your memorial, but following these steps can help ensure that your wishes are honored and provide peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
Interested about our life plans? Contact us