In order to operate, Golden Future Life Plans Inc. needs to gather, store and use certain forms of information about individuals.
This information includes those gathered from employees, contractors, suppliers, recruits, potential recruits, business contacts and others that might or has a relationship with or regularly needs to be contacted.
General Standards for Data Security
Scope of application of Standards
All Departments of Golden Future Life Plans Inc.
Standard Prepared By
Data Protection Center
Heads on Operations, Information Technology Department, Human Resources Department and the President/Chief Operating Officer
Data Privacy Act of 2012
An act protecting individual personal information in information and communications system in the government and the private sector, creating for this purpose national privacy commission and for other purposes.
Purpose of establishing a Standard
- Compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012
- Protection of our internal and external clients to which we commit to treat their information with the utmost care and confidentiality
- Protection of Golden Future Life Plans Inc.
Schedule of Review
There shall be an annual review. A progress and detailed reporting shall be done annually to review alignment with the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Definition of Terms
- Insurance Commission – a national government agency, is mandated to regulate and supervise the insurance, pre-need, and HMO in accordance with the provisions of the Insurance Code, as amended, Pre-needed Code of the Philippines, and Executive Order No. 192, s.2015.
- Pre-need Industry – Source: SEC. The pre-need industry; an overview. Pre-need plans, according to the Securities Regulations Code of 2000, are contracts which provide for the performance of future services or payment of future monetary considerations at the time of actual need.
- Memorial Life Plans – is a prepaid service that includes the provision of memorial services, a casket of choice, and a host of other benefits. A memorial plan enables the plan holder to “pre-pay” future
- expected memorial needs – at a cost that is substantially lower than when availed of as needed.
- GFLPI Accredited Agents – a provider who is officially recognized business partner in the industry and authorized to market our GFLPI products.
- Internal Customers – refers to the are stakeholders who work within your company (employees) and require assistance from another individual or department to get their job done.
- External Customers – refers to the suppliers, Sales Associates, Sales Managers and Sales Directors or the like who are not directly connected to the organization.
General Provision on Data Security Policy
- Personal data collected from internal and external clients shall processed fairly and lawfully with individual consent given
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purpose
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed
- Personal data shall be accurate and up-to-date
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose
General Policy Statement
We are committed to:
- comply with both law and good practice
- respect individual’s rights of our internal and external clients
- be open and honest with individuals whose data is held
- provide training and support for staff who handle the personal data, so that they can act confidently and consistently